A stream of themes that hit too close to home. Relatable Malik El-Shabazz, in 4040 post-apocalyptic Earth, tragically comes of age in his cursed environment as the next-up keeper of universal balance, clawing his way to the top as the next King of Dareux. During a time of ancestral war, you witness him discover his newfound powers come with drastic consequences. Learning the nuance and complexity of the world outside of his now destroyed hometown, your journey with him will force you to struggle just as much as he does with every new culture he experiences. Decisions matter as you form alliances with all the people Malik comes across leading up to him saving the dystopian state of the Earth.
This action-adventure RPG has players exploring the relatable struggles of how to shape their future into something that is ultimately for the betterment of society as a whole despite their traumatic past experiences. The player is encouraged to play the game free of obligation of any one particular path, but regardless of their choices, the universe continues to change their environment. This game explores the complexities of relationships from a micro to macro level while remaining conscious of the player’s actions.
- Creative Lead: Juranon Damrongchietanon
- Level Design: Christoffer Lundberg
- Boss Design: Cem Ertekin
- Programmers: Christoffer Lundberg, Cem Ertekin, Wayne M Messam II (WMII)
- Additional Programmers: Daniel Moore, Elwood Ductan
- Art: Juranon Damrongchietanon
- Writing: Wayne M Messam II (WMII), Cem Ertekin
- Voice Acting: Meredith Nudo, William Ofoegbu
- Sound Effects: Wayne M Messam II (WMII)
- Music: Cole Smith
- Third Party Resources: Metroidvania Controller by AisuKaze Studio, Wwise by AudioKinetic